Growing vegetables free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and GMOs in Skull Valley, Arizona.


FIND US AT LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS:

Prescott Farmers Market -- Yavapai College parking lot -- Saturdays 7:30 AM - 12 Noon -- May 10th - October 25th

www.prescottfarmersmarket.org

***

Flagstaff Community Market -- city hall parking lot, unde the solar panels --Sundays 8:00 AM - 12 Noon -- May 25th - October 12th

www.flagstaffmarket.com

***

Want to stop by and pick up veggies from the farm? Please give us a call before you come!

***


Contact Us: Reach us by email at rabbitrunfarmAZ@gmail.com or by phone at (928) 235-2044 or find us on Facebook

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little bit of food preservation

 Yellow romas waiting their turn for the blanching pot.  This year I think we're just going to blanch and freeze a bunch of tomatoes.  Unless the sauce fever hits us when we get some fall tomatoes!  We've made sauce the past three years, and maybe this one will be different.
 Sweet corn for freezing! Again, I'm into freezing.  We had a bunch of ears that hung out long enough for me to get my act together and process them.  I simply husked, trimmed, and steamed the ears, then cut off the kernels.  I put them in double bags with the date, and will be thankful in January when I make chili!
 This is only the first batch of pickled jalapenos.  There will be more!  Matt thought I was crazy because I made them on a Sunday afternoon, after a sleep-deprived weekend of markets.  I really like to use the brine in soups and stews, and throw in a pepper or two as well.  Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I love freezing, too! It is a quick way to put things up, and you can still make sauce to can with them later. Or freeze a bunch of perfect peaches to use in smoothies.

    We have a foodsaver vacuum sealer and it is amazing for freezing and storing all sorts of things. Maybe I'll have to send you one for your birthday...

    We're going to pickle some jalaps too this weekend!

    ReplyDelete